- Walking Papers
- Progress (feat. Yim Yames of My Morning Jacket)
- The Hive
- Down In Memphis (feat. Booker T on vocals)
- Everything Is Everything
- Rent Party
- Representing Memphis (feat. Matt Berninger and Sharon Jones)
- The Vamp
- Harlem House
- The Bronx (feat. Lou Reed)
Bonus Digital Deluxe Tracks
- Just A Friend (feat. Biz Markie, Matt Berninger and Sharon Jones)
- The Seed
- Regulation Time
- CD & Digital Download Option
- CD & Deluxe Digital Download Option
Booker T. Jones’ historic life in music has brought him international fame, awards (heâ€™s a three-time Grammy winner and Rock & Roll Hall of Famer), and iconic status as one of the architects of American soul music. With his new album The Road From Memphis, due May 10 on Anti- Records, Jones traces his journey from his hometown of Memphis, TN to the world stage. The album follows Jones’ 2009 Anti- release Potato Hole which won the Grammy for â€œBest Pop Instrumental Album.”
Produced by Jones with The Roots’ ?uestlove and Rob Schnapf (Beck, Elliot Smith), Memphis was recorded by Daptone Records mastermind Gabriel Roth with backing by The Roots. The Road from Memphis refers not only to Booker T’s journey but to the evolution of the soul music he helped invent as it traveled from Memphis to Detroit, Philadelphia and beyond. The music’s many iterations are represented here with a broad range of guest vocalists including Matt Berninger of the National and Sharon Jones on “Representing Memphis,” Yim Yames of My Morning Jacket on “Progress” and Lou Reed on “The Bronx.” The album also features a rare vocal from Jones himself offering a first-hand look at his hometown on “Down in Memphis.” Legendary motor-city guitarist Dennis Coffey contributes to the album as well.
- This item comes with a digital download of the album in a variety of file types from Lossless files to AAC or Mp3!
- Your digital download code will be sent to you via email. Make sure to add the address [support at kingsroadmerch.com] to your safe list so our emails don’t go to your spam folders.